Saturday, June 13, 2009

what a great day

i got a call this morning telling me that i didnt have to go into work. WOO!!!
(i had to stop in anyway to pick up my paycheck and get my schedule for next week, but i had a bit of a oomph in my step knowing that i wouldnt be staying all day).

with the good news, i called mom and we pittered around doing random errands that we love to do together. she told me that gamma was picking her up at 1:45 to go pay a visit to the Schweizers. she was recently in a fender bender and hurt her neck pretty bad. fred himself is 93, and who doesnt love to see him!!! loaded with 4 gallons of ice cream (yes, 4), we made our way to their house.

low and behold, who answers the door.......FREDDIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! um, im slightly obsessed. he has been such a mentor to me, and my very own life cheerleader and coach. just freakin awesome. it was sooo soo soo great to see him. we all sat around the table and chatted. i find something so precious about older generations...i mean, at 93 (shes not quite there yet...), they are still so cute. he watches her as she talks, they sleep in the same bad, their house is immaculate and beyond beautiful, and they are so fun to be with.

i want to give them a big thank you for hanging out with us today. i have to admit, i caught myself looking at fred on more than one occassion, just picturing my dad being 93. i would have killed for that. i think my dad would still be running marathons...and still hanging out with me! he too, would still be pounding the ice cream! i think he and my mom would make the cutest couple at 93...cause at 53 they were stunners. STUNNERS! mom still is, and i cant wait to see her at 93. well, lets be real, i can wait. cause im in no hurry to see me at 63. lets take bets now...do we think ill have had a boyfriend for longer than a year by then....hahhaa.....

so i have to be at work pretty early tomorrow, but i was thrilled to not go int oday. i spent the afternoon with some amazing people. and freddie, if youre reading this, expect an email next week. haha. you rock :)

No comments: