Skip to main content

LIFE.

Ever have one of those days where you get really excited about crossing something off your TO DO list — only to then be given 3 more things to add? 
Haha, its starting to feel like this happens every day. 

Busy people problems, amiright?

So the world survived Valentine’s Day! The funny thing is, I actually had a dude this year – well, up until about a week before Valentine’s Day! The day before I was set to attend a Super Bowl party with him — and two of his close friends — he freaked. Freaked about the future (we had been dating for a month) and freaked that his friends would love me and that would suck if we ever broke up.

Him: “well, Hil, what if things don’t work out and they continue to ask about you. I mean that would be sad for everyone – like, what would I say?”
Me: “say what?”

He proceeded to text me that he missed me while he was at the party (I told him he’s confusing) as well as put me on blast for loving running.

Him: “yea hil, so I think youre right. I will never support your running”
Me: “hahaha, ok”

I mean, what else do you say?! We all get one shot at life – and im fully aware mine needs to be spent with athletic, motivated people. If you aren’t in that bucket, I am no for you. No hard feelings.

So, back to the dating pool. Next dude I date will need to be an athlete - I can't handle another dude who just caaaaaaaaant be bothered with a chich who runs. 

Since I dont have a boyfriend, ill just go back to that time I surfed in Hawaii with one of my high school friends who is gorge. Surfs up everyone! Plus, that time some of my fave running friends tackled the snow with me. These were taken 2 months apart - and while I loved both days, Hawaii ROCKED MY SOCKS OFF. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

summer OUT / fall IN

And just like that, summer sixteen is over. Hello fall! While I love nothing more than heading out for some miles in the kind of weather that makes it hard to breathe, makes you sweat more than you thought was humanly possible and leaves you a bit red in the face, I equally love the crispness of fall mornings, the smell of fall in the air and apple picking!
Ok, I’ve never actually gone apple picking. I’ve dreamed about it. Glanced at pictures of it. Hoped I would do it. Friends never seemed to want to go – and the boyfriend thing has been a fleeting item on the to-do list. Well, its happening this weekend! Sunday. Sinuses, weather, and whatever else, keep it together. This girl wants to go apple picking! 
Fall sixteen has already gotten off to a busy – and celebratory – start. Mom and bill got married (!!!) which made me really emotional and nostalgic. It was a beautiful weekend and definitely cemented how much I want a love of my own. Been a tough go though – I mean, its supposed to …

2013: a year in review. so far

today is february 22nd.we are already almost 2/12 of the way through 2013. i realize that line may sound uber cheesy, but seriously, time fucking flies.


2013 has definitely been a cool year. hard, confusing, sad and stressful, but certainly cool. parts of it have also been special, funny, amazing and sweet. all of that emotion in 2 months? hey man, im a girl. were dramtaic.



ive got high hopes for the rest of the year. there are a few running races in the books, with more to be added im sure. there will be some travel...im heading to see my besties in chicago and boston and bro in NC to name a few. im hoping there is a trip to somewhere warm in the near future...i have no interest in resembling a vampire...that shit has been overexposed already.

the moment hasnt happened to me yet where i go to my bank account and theres an accidental million dollars. regardless i take my dads advice to heart..."hil, never miss an opportunity you really want simply because of money". look, i…

break a sweat - even when youd rather do ANYTHING but.

there is only one way to begin the difficult journey of the holiday sugar detox: break a sweat. 

miraculously i didnt miss a day over the holidays to break a sweat -- but that really just means i got up extra early or ran when people were napping (i.e. full and feeling gross) so not all of my holiday miles or squats were pretty. or felt particular good.

BUT, i laced up and got out there -- or followed along to a dailyburn workout. i kept telling myself i could slow down or take it easier, but shit, im doing a workout.

so basically, what they say is true. no matter how slow you go, youre still lapping everyone on the couch. go get in a good sweat, then reward yourself with some couch time :)