Friday, November 14, 2014

turning 31 is just the beginning

On this - the eve of my 31st birthday - I would like to take a minute and celebrate 31 things im thankful for. These are not the only things I'm thankful for - and they arent listed in any particular order - but they are really important to me, and deserve to be credited with a list :)

1. Running
I'm in love with the sport and all of its challenges. Have you ever gone for a run after a 2-3 week hiatus? Brutal! The ultimate calorie burner has given me some amazing friendships, memories and training opportunities, reasons to binge on ice cream cake, ways to meet boys and to prove myself worthy of the sports ultimate unicorn - the Boston Marathon!

2. Coffee
ALL.THE.TIME - not always Starbucks, but always black. (Dunkin, how have you managed to mess that up every time I ordered from you?! Is it because you know I am not really a fan and only come when I am desperate?)

3. PT
Being a distance runner means accepting a whole host of nagging issues. Learning how to fix them? Priceless. Massages & stim don't suck either - thanks boys!

4. Writing
Whether at work, on the blog or as a caption for insta photos - words are my drug of choice. Well, words and running.

5-15. Coffee
Like I said, ALL.THE.TIME

16. Lululemon
Noone ever needed an explanation for Lulu.

17. Friends
The running kind and the we-are-real-people kind - and those that are both!

18. Family
Cause, DUH. 

19. I should probably mention popcorn. And apples. I eat both the way some women eat chocolate.

20. Runners World magazine
I am so thankful for the 2-year sub my bro got me last year - getting my nose stuck in the pages of RW is my happy place when I'm stuck on the elliptical!

21. Neon
Neon compression socks, sports bras, shoes and bracelets. Neon shorts, shirts and watches. NEON!

22. Laughing
There are a million reasons to laugh everyday - make sure to find at least one :)

23. A good cuddle
Been a while - no crushes. Step it up boys!

24-31. Coffee
The funniest thing is I really don't drink that much coffee. Max 2 cups/day. Its just THE thing thats clutch everyday. Living is NYC can sometimes feel so goddamn uptight - coffee makes me happy.



The takeaways? I love coffee, running, neon-colored anything, my friends & family, snacks and laughing. Im simple and easy to please - and I like it that way. Cheers to life - and all its incredibly funny, chaotic, happy, sad and stressful moments. They are all worth it. 




No comments: