Skip to main content

turning 31 is just the beginning

On this - the eve of my 31st birthday - I would like to take a minute and celebrate 31 things im thankful for. These are not the only things I'm thankful for - and they arent listed in any particular order - but they are really important to me, and deserve to be credited with a list :)

1. Running
I'm in love with the sport and all of its challenges. Have you ever gone for a run after a 2-3 week hiatus? Brutal! The ultimate calorie burner has given me some amazing friendships, memories and training opportunities, reasons to binge on ice cream cake, ways to meet boys and to prove myself worthy of the sports ultimate unicorn - the Boston Marathon!

2. Coffee
ALL.THE.TIME - not always Starbucks, but always black. (Dunkin, how have you managed to mess that up every time I ordered from you?! Is it because you know I am not really a fan and only come when I am desperate?)

3. PT
Being a distance runner means accepting a whole host of nagging issues. Learning how to fix them? Priceless. Massages & stim don't suck either - thanks boys!

4. Writing
Whether at work, on the blog or as a caption for insta photos - words are my drug of choice. Well, words and running.

5-15. Coffee
Like I said, ALL.THE.TIME

16. Lululemon
Noone ever needed an explanation for Lulu.

17. Friends
The running kind and the we-are-real-people kind - and those that are both!

18. Family
Cause, DUH. 

19. I should probably mention popcorn. And apples. I eat both the way some women eat chocolate.

20. Runners World magazine
I am so thankful for the 2-year sub my bro got me last year - getting my nose stuck in the pages of RW is my happy place when I'm stuck on the elliptical!

21. Neon
Neon compression socks, sports bras, shoes and bracelets. Neon shorts, shirts and watches. NEON!

22. Laughing
There are a million reasons to laugh everyday - make sure to find at least one :)

23. A good cuddle
Been a while - no crushes. Step it up boys!

24-31. Coffee
The funniest thing is I really don't drink that much coffee. Max 2 cups/day. Its just THE thing thats clutch everyday. Living is NYC can sometimes feel so goddamn uptight - coffee makes me happy.



The takeaways? I love coffee, running, neon-colored anything, my friends & family, snacks and laughing. Im simple and easy to please - and I like it that way. Cheers to life - and all its incredibly funny, chaotic, happy, sad and stressful moments. They are all worth it. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

summer OUT / fall IN

And just like that, summer sixteen is over. Hello fall! While I love nothing more than heading out for some miles in the kind of weather that makes it hard to breathe, makes you sweat more than you thought was humanly possible and leaves you a bit red in the face, I equally love the crispness of fall mornings, the smell of fall in the air and apple picking!
Ok, I’ve never actually gone apple picking. I’ve dreamed about it. Glanced at pictures of it. Hoped I would do it. Friends never seemed to want to go – and the boyfriend thing has been a fleeting item on the to-do list. Well, its happening this weekend! Sunday. Sinuses, weather, and whatever else, keep it together. This girl wants to go apple picking! 
Fall sixteen has already gotten off to a busy – and celebratory – start. Mom and bill got married (!!!) which made me really emotional and nostalgic. It was a beautiful weekend and definitely cemented how much I want a love of my own. Been a tough go though – I mean, its supposed to …

2013: a year in review. so far

today is february 22nd.we are already almost 2/12 of the way through 2013. i realize that line may sound uber cheesy, but seriously, time fucking flies.


2013 has definitely been a cool year. hard, confusing, sad and stressful, but certainly cool. parts of it have also been special, funny, amazing and sweet. all of that emotion in 2 months? hey man, im a girl. were dramtaic.



ive got high hopes for the rest of the year. there are a few running races in the books, with more to be added im sure. there will be some travel...im heading to see my besties in chicago and boston and bro in NC to name a few. im hoping there is a trip to somewhere warm in the near future...i have no interest in resembling a vampire...that shit has been overexposed already.

the moment hasnt happened to me yet where i go to my bank account and theres an accidental million dollars. regardless i take my dads advice to heart..."hil, never miss an opportunity you really want simply because of money". look, i…

break a sweat - even when youd rather do ANYTHING but.

there is only one way to begin the difficult journey of the holiday sugar detox: break a sweat. 

miraculously i didnt miss a day over the holidays to break a sweat -- but that really just means i got up extra early or ran when people were napping (i.e. full and feeling gross) so not all of my holiday miles or squats were pretty. or felt particular good.

BUT, i laced up and got out there -- or followed along to a dailyburn workout. i kept telling myself i could slow down or take it easier, but shit, im doing a workout.

so basically, what they say is true. no matter how slow you go, youre still lapping everyone on the couch. go get in a good sweat, then reward yourself with some couch time :)