Monday, July 20, 2015

this big city girl is heading home to the burbs

Its been a fun - but seriously chaotic - few months.

Let's start with the highlights - I started working at WIRED mag. I'll be honest, seeing your name in a masthead NEVER gets old! I also ran the Boston Marathon, which happened to be one of the most amazing and emotional experiences of my life. I ran a 3:30, so I'll be heading back to beantown to do it all again next April!! Drew and I, with out bud Reinaker, ran the red rose run a few weeks back - now THAT WAS FUN!! I rarely do races as short as 5 miles, running at a faster pace - basically running with that feeling like you're either going to throw up or shit your pants - is so hard!

I'm heading home this weekend. I think wherever my mom is is where I will always call home. She moved in with Bill and they live in York, so not really home to me at all, but she's there so it feels like home.

It'll be fun to run a local 10k tomorrow and spend the rest of the weekend entertaining people at bills family reunion - mainly the kids :)


--- edited and updated ---
I meant to write and publish this on the train but Amtrak wi-fi is embarrassingly terrible.

Home was amazing. I PR'd the 10k by about 40 seconds (still waiting on official time), and if I placed in my AG. I wanted to stay post race and collect an AG award but it took too long!

It was about 10000000 degrees yesterday - heat advisory and all. I have to admit, I arrived back in the city at 3pm, got home around 330 and went out for the sweatiest, hottest, most need 5 mile run!!!

Heres to a great week, a new motivation to blog again and getting all healthy/healed up for the summer and marathon season!! 

No comments: