admittedly, the idea for this entry came from another blog i catch every once in a while. feeling both super stressed at work and a bit nostalgic and bummed about missing my dad today, i wanted to make a list of personal beliefs that will hopefully help my head. and heart.
1. Have faith in yourself. It wont always be easy, but it will always be worth it.
2. You don’t have to like something just because it’s considered “cool” for a day.
3. Spend time every day in the world…it makes a difference, really.
4. Be nice to your mom—she’ll be your best friend one day.
5. Be really nice to your dad…you really don’t know how long you’ll have him for.
6. Those amazing red heels? Yeah. Buy those.
7. No one cares what size your skinny jeans are except for you.
8. Don’t take anything personally.
9. Even though trashy magazines might say you should “date someone totally wrong for you at least once”, you really don’t need to do that. It’s a total waste of time.
10. If a guy wants to be with you, he will make it happen. If he doesn’t, move on. Seriously.
11. On that note, wait for him to call you.
12. Take a multivitamin.
13. Always keep a pair of flats in your bag…just in case.
14. Back up your computer.
15. Write your grandparents a letter every once in a while for no reason at all. It may seem small, but its a really BIG deal to them.
16. You’re the one who is in charge of making things happen for your own life. Get on it!
17. Don’t whine. If you don’t like something about your life, change it.
18. Its OK if one of your dreams doenst make sense to anyone else. Its YOUR dream!
20. Be patient with your parents, they love you so much.
21. Tough times don’t last forever but tough people do <—cliche and true.
22. It’s a really good thing to be picky.
23. Sometimes friends just move on, drift apart and go separate ways. You don’t have to save every friendship if it’s not worth saving.
24. On that note though, make time for your girlfriends. Hug often.
25. Smoking cigarettes will absolutely not make you look cool….only stupid.
26.You are beautiful just the way you are.
27. Cool kids wear glasses.
28. Take a risk and challenge yourself every once in a while. Be it a running club, college course or simple drink with a guy, keep an open mind and do it. If nothing else, you've just gotten yourself a great story.