Skip to main content

#loveyoudad

had a great cry tonight. i dont know what it is about the movie "the last song" but it gets me every time. wait, what am i saying? the whole dad dying thing hits so close to home that it crushes me every time. look, i know its miley cyrus, but try to look past that. also, greg kinnear reminds me a teeny bit of my dad. must be the good-looking awesomeness.

god i really miss my dad. i feel like i havent really talked about it in a while. my cry tonight felt especially fantastic for a few reasons:

- things have been so weird/stressful at work and i kept thinking that the one dude that would be so loving my phone calls was my dad
- the feeling of needing to cry has been felt at the back of my throat for a few weeks now. i do a hell of a job being strong, but sometimes i just cant be bothered with that and feel the need to let the wall come down.

all i know is this: the cry felt good, but it reminded me how much i miss him. it reminded me of the fragility of life, something i was already all too well aware of. it reminded me that there isnt anyone like my dad. and all of that is ok, but its just a lot to remember :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

march madness

i have come to find the madness of life happens far beyond march. that said, when we really think about it, lifes madness is a gift, right? i mean that in a "take the good with the bad" kind of way, not so much that i love the madness.

i live in madness. all the time. i love so many things about NYC - but sometimes, those same things are the things that sending me screaming into my pillow or heading out of town at a moments notice.

take this past weekend. i had had enough of NYC - sleepless nights, work stress and a nagging running injury. it was one of my best childhood friends birthdays, so i hopped on a train for a 3.5 hour ride to newport for an incredible night filled with endless prosecco and bread, birthday cake and wonderful memories and laughs, i returned to NYC 24 hours later (after a 5 hour wi-fi less ride) a better person. sure, the ride back was brutal - but the sore abs and messy hair reminded me that it was exactly what life is about.

madness, baby. may it las…

break a sweat - even when youd rather do ANYTHING but.

there is only one way to begin the difficult journey of the holiday sugar detox: break a sweat. 

miraculously i didnt miss a day over the holidays to break a sweat -- but that really just means i got up extra early or ran when people were napping (i.e. full and feeling gross) so not all of my holiday miles or squats were pretty. or felt particular good.

BUT, i laced up and got out there -- or followed along to a dailyburn workout. i kept telling myself i could slow down or take it easier, but shit, im doing a workout.

so basically, what they say is true. no matter how slow you go, youre still lapping everyone on the couch. go get in a good sweat, then reward yourself with some couch time :)