Skip to main content

reflecting.

in typical hil fashion, i set my alarm for 5:39am (ha, the :39 has a legit back story i swear) and hopped out of bed for a run. my marathon kicks arrived last night so i was running today...rain, sleet, snow, alien invasion, shin pain, whatever, i was running.

ran a little over 9.5 miles this and tried really hard to look around throughout the run and take "it" all in. my legs felt a little fatigued (damn you shin) and it was painfully early in the AM, but i was lucky enough to be out there running. its a pretty miraculous thing when you get to run with the sunrise along the hudson river and smile or wave to your fellow running die hards.

mornings like the one i ran today really force me to reflect on things. the weather was a tad breezy but super humid, so while i was really sweaty the slight breeze and smell of the water helped keep it bearable. running is a privilege, waking up every morning is a privilege, getting older is a privilege. i know. im grateful i can lace up and get out there and run my city. every time i take time to run i know im running with my dads spirit on my shoulders, running with my family and friends' support in my feet and the ultimate love and belief of my mom and brother in my heart. its pretty incredible to feel like youve got the support you need and its so fun to let those people know just how much it means to you.
  


those new kicks i spoke about? here they are! i replaced the navy laces they came with with neon yellow, cause, well, i love neon. soooooooooo much. i kept the originals tho, you  know, for options.


thanks friends and family for the love and support of me. im forever humbled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

summer OUT / fall IN

And just like that, summer sixteen is over. Hello fall! While I love nothing more than heading out for some miles in the kind of weather that makes it hard to breathe, makes you sweat more than you thought was humanly possible and leaves you a bit red in the face, I equally love the crispness of fall mornings, the smell of fall in the air and apple picking!
Ok, I’ve never actually gone apple picking. I’ve dreamed about it. Glanced at pictures of it. Hoped I would do it. Friends never seemed to want to go – and the boyfriend thing has been a fleeting item on the to-do list. Well, its happening this weekend! Sunday. Sinuses, weather, and whatever else, keep it together. This girl wants to go apple picking! 
Fall sixteen has already gotten off to a busy – and celebratory – start. Mom and bill got married (!!!) which made me really emotional and nostalgic. It was a beautiful weekend and definitely cemented how much I want a love of my own. Been a tough go though – I mean, its supposed to …

2013: a year in review. so far

today is february 22nd.we are already almost 2/12 of the way through 2013. i realize that line may sound uber cheesy, but seriously, time fucking flies.


2013 has definitely been a cool year. hard, confusing, sad and stressful, but certainly cool. parts of it have also been special, funny, amazing and sweet. all of that emotion in 2 months? hey man, im a girl. were dramtaic.



ive got high hopes for the rest of the year. there are a few running races in the books, with more to be added im sure. there will be some travel...im heading to see my besties in chicago and boston and bro in NC to name a few. im hoping there is a trip to somewhere warm in the near future...i have no interest in resembling a vampire...that shit has been overexposed already.

the moment hasnt happened to me yet where i go to my bank account and theres an accidental million dollars. regardless i take my dads advice to heart..."hil, never miss an opportunity you really want simply because of money". look, i…