Tuesday, November 20, 2012

thanksgiving.

as thanksgiving approaches id like to take a minute and express just how thankful i am for so many things this year. (since i will be with the armstrongs in florida, i know i wont be posting...)

my dad. he tops the list every year, but since his passing i am so thankful for the  relationship i had with him when he was alive. for 24 years he shaped me into the woman i am hopefully becoming.

my brother and mom. together were a team. a trio. we are the kelleys and we have been through so much together. i couldnt be prouder of these 2 and couldnt be more lucky and happy they are with me (via email, text, phone, FB, etc) each and everyday. i cant imagine running a marathon and making dad prouder than doing it with my bro. #teamkelley

myself. yea, i said it. i work hard, dammit, and deserve to be thankful for it. ive got a lot of strength, ambition and zest for life in this body and refuse to let anyone stop me. but i obviously dont do it alone. see this list as proof of that :)

my friends. you guys are constant reminders as to why i try so hard, aim so high and try to be better. you guys are the ones that are with me at 2am when one of us is sad, happy, drunk or scared. were all conquering this crazy world together and i am so humbled that i have you guys each and every day.

my family. every extended member. there really isnt a need to elaborate...they are all spectacular and all mean the world to me.

sometimes life hits me hard...sometimes i dont feel so happy or funny or pretty. sometimes i struggle, or get frustrated at seemingly unnecessary stuff. sometimes i feel like shit (you with me girls!). however, throughout this year i have also found myself having moments of awesome strength, self esteem and unbridled sacrifice. (in some religions they consider foregoing plans on friday night in nyc for a 6am wake up call on saturday AM and 20 mile run a sacrifice, haha).

as i recover from a whirlwind weekend spent with a few of my most favorite people, i have come to discover this: i am thankful for so many things and i want to thank those that make that statement true. life is short and who you fill it with make all the difference. #teamkelley


No comments: