Friday, January 20, 2012

so, tarrytown.

last week was the longest week of my life. dont get me wrong, i am not trying to complain too much, but it was rough.

in fact, i felt so burned out i teared up on my way home tuesday night. when i get really tired, really overwhelmed and stressed and i dont see the light at the end of the tunnel i miss my dad and get bummed. wow, that was one hell of a run-on sentence...haha, my 8th grade english teacher would be so proud.

i was a co-lead on running a corporate offsite we were holding in tarrytown, approx 35-45 min outside of the city. the area itself is pretty...its where the rockefellers and vanderbilts all had estates. the vast grass land and mansions brings you back to the 1800's...kinda neat when you are so used to midtown NYC.

we arrived at our office at 7am, with a planned leave time of 7:30am. upon arrival we didnt stop until that night around 10pm. with the next morning call time at 6:30am, ill just say i was a tad tired. BUT, we had bags and bags of candy that i happily ate my way through, so i was definitely hopped  up on sugar.

there were parts of this conference that were pretty stressful. the head honcho of RDA international...the BIG GUY was there and i was working on some stuff for him. sheesh! also, my boss's boss personally asked me to work on a few things he wanted to present to the group. oh ok, yea sure. i think my blood pressure was 10090909029 the whole 3 days.

without going on and on too much about my week, ill just say this: i am very thankful for the opportunity to prove myself in times like this. i was so tired, stressed and burned out, but ultimately i guess its worth it. (maybe not to the extent i felt, cause im pretty sure you can die from living like that), but at a more moderate level.

at the end of the trip everyone was happy, and really thats all that matters. oh and i met bret michaels. i was  never a poison fan, and will never become one, but it was still cool. and a picture is forever.

from tarrytown to armstrongs and mom in town the fun never stops!

No comments: