Sunday, September 20, 2009

"damn, yous a sexy bitch..."



thanks akon!
i know, i know, my music taste is amazing. and very tasteful. its the title of akons new song...and i think it does a pretty good job summarizing what i look like right now.

you see, im recovering from lip surgery i had on friday. not sure how this little lip issue started (as, quite frankly, the past 6 weeks of my life have been a fantastic blur), but i had a mucosele develop on my lip. or, rather, in it. essentially its when the mucus cells in your lip retain liquid and create a cyst. pretty yummy stuff. anyway, i had put up with it long enough and couldnt take it any more. it was starting to really grind at me. i kept biting it, it was getting in my way when i would talk, and after i confirmed that there was no chance it would go away on its own, i knew i had to get it out.

i googled oral surgery centers in los angeles and picked the one that was pretty close to my apartment. long story short, i got it out. HURT LIKE A BITCH!!!!!!!!! please excuse my language, but when he took my lip between his two fingers and jabbed a novacaine needle in there, i about died. it made tears run down my face!

at that moment, i felt so scared and sad. i was in so much pain, and found myself staring up at the ceiling of an unfamiliar doctors office, alone. it was really, really weird. then, wouldnt you know it, i called my mom and she talked to me until the doctor came back in to do it. she assured me the hardest part was over...she was right. the rest was a trip. i was so tense that i was practically hugging myself...the doc promised me i could relax.

PS...the doc was fantastic!! i mean, really really fantastic. he made me feel great. he made sure i was comfortable at all stages. even called me that night to check in. yea....thats a good sign of a good one. so, even though i never do this, i gotta give myself props. i really can do good! haha.

so, here are some post-op pics. i look hot!!
please, enjoy :) hahaha...

No comments: