Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy International CJD Awareness Day

Hi Guys!! I wanted to point out the fact that today is interntional cjd awareness day. This cause is dear to my heart, and one in which I plan to dedicate my life to, helping when and where I can, no matter how small. I know you all feel the same way. I wanted to share an email i got from nikki (looooove her!!!) and post it here for you to read. It gave me the chills. I am so honored to be a part of this cjd family (obviously, none of us "want" to be, but we are), and I have met, talked with, and learned from so many great people. We are truly an amazing group of people, and I cant wait until we reach the day that cjd is no longer incurable. I know we are going to get there. for all those lives lost, and all of us who are left to figure out what the hell happened, this post is for you. for my family, friends, and fellow cjd followers, I love you. we are united forever. thank you for the strength you have given me. I am so truly honored to know you. Love, Hil

Today is International CJD Awareness Day. Over the past two years, I've learned many things about CJD but the most important is this - other than finding a curse, education is one of the most important areas that a CJD advocate can focus on. If is for this reason that I would like to share this letter, which was written by Roseann Bray. Roseann lost her husband Dave to CJD has become a dear friend. Roseann, like so many of us who have lost a loved one to CJD, is well aware of the horrors of this disease and has found solace in reaching out to other CJD survivors and educating the public about this rare disease. I hope that by reading this letter, you will be inspired to join our cause and pass it along. Thank you once again for all the support you have given my familiy since mom's illness and death.. If you are able to join us on Saturday, November 14 for Footwork for CJD we would love to have you. If you are unable, then please say a prayer for all those traveling to be with us in Fairmont and for all those currently battling CJD.




A Letter from a CJD Foundation Family


Member about International CJD Day






Dear Friends, Family, and all who have touched our lives,






Wednesday, November 12th, 2009 is International CJD Day. I am asking that you all take a few minutes this day to EDUCATE yourselves, your friends, your neighbors, your students and your colleagues on the advances and breakthroughs in CJD research. To our friends in the medical community, November 12th would be an exemplary day to call and schedule an appointment for a Grand Round meeting with the CJD Foundation. You would be able to learn first hand from experts in the field. And you, in turn, can take that knowledge and EDUCATE, diagnose, and spread the word about the advances of CJD research. It is you, our friends in the medical community that we depend on to help us EDUCATE the populace about the truths of this horrific disease. To our friends and family, you saw first hand how this disease kills. It not only destroys the physical body but it takes the soul. And it takes the souls of the family members as well. To EDUCATE our neighbors and community of the truths and the myths is a must. So please, help us spread the word. Let us make November 12th, International CJD Day, a day of unity in which we all join forces to EDUCATE the populace to the reality of this horrific disease and the hope for a cure in the near future. Share this letter with everyone you know and eventually CJD will come to the forefront; it will no longer hide in the dark and only come out when it is ready to kill.


I am thanking you in advance for your help.


Roseann Bray


on behalf of David C. Bray, Sr., 11/8/1947 - 10/12/2006


For additional information please contact: The Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease Foundation at 1-800-659-1991 or help@cjdfoundation.org




If you would like to hear about our story (David and Roseann) you may contact Roseann at 724-212-3771 or 412-961-2729 or bluiebray1@netzero







I use Goodsearch for the CJD Foundation and so can you - one penny from every search goes to the CJD Foundation - it all adds up! Find out more at www.goodsearch.com.




Please help us fight Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease - learn more at www.cjdfoundation.org.

No comments: