Skip to main content

lemon, lime and all that jazz

yea, that title means nothing. im feeling super random, bored, giddy...and that title just felt like it summed it up. we are having another gross day here. (not that i can see it, we dont have a window in our office)...but my ride here was rainy and cold. welcome to california!

it actually makes me think of home. ive been thinking about a lot of things recently. i constantly think about dad, and how similar he and i are/were. though an extremely friendly guy, he was pretty independent. he enjoyed his space. thats me. he liked certain foods, liked to run, liked to do things his way. he was easy to get along with, and definitely more than happy to lend a hand, but like me, liked his life his way...and doing it his way. thats me.

i love to have a good time, i love to travel, i love to go to new places and try new things, but i also really love to be type-A. i love lists. in fact, i make them for everything. i love to schedule. i love to plan. im a weird dichotomy. i get it :) its definitely not lost on me.

i refuse to make apologies for bullshit. i wont put up with it (to an extent). i live for my family and friends (and me!). if you dont like me, piss off. if you dont like my friends, piss off. i dont live to make sure everyone likes me (it would be great, of course...but unfortunately, its never going to happen). my dad taught me so many great life lessons that i continue to live by. that is one. i wont treat you like a bitch and gossip about you to make myself feel better. you may do it to me, but i wont to you. my damn conscience wont let me. i will bust my ass for you...if it turns out that you burn me, or something of the sort, youre on your own.

granted, i could go on and on about all that. basically, i realize this. i have truly incredible people in my life. people that would die for me. people i would die for. people that make me laugh and cry and feel good, and special. people that make me want to be a better person (but come on, this cant get better! haha just kidding). i dont have room for anything less. thats basically it. life is too short to be surrounded by energy-suckers.

team kelley, baby :)
(ps, drew, i totally see you rolling your eyes!) haha......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

summer OUT / fall IN

And just like that, summer sixteen is over. Hello fall! While I love nothing more than heading out for some miles in the kind of weather that makes it hard to breathe, makes you sweat more than you thought was humanly possible and leaves you a bit red in the face, I equally love the crispness of fall mornings, the smell of fall in the air and apple picking!
Ok, I’ve never actually gone apple picking. I’ve dreamed about it. Glanced at pictures of it. Hoped I would do it. Friends never seemed to want to go – and the boyfriend thing has been a fleeting item on the to-do list. Well, its happening this weekend! Sunday. Sinuses, weather, and whatever else, keep it together. This girl wants to go apple picking! 
Fall sixteen has already gotten off to a busy – and celebratory – start. Mom and bill got married (!!!) which made me really emotional and nostalgic. It was a beautiful weekend and definitely cemented how much I want a love of my own. Been a tough go though – I mean, its supposed to …

2013: a year in review. so far

today is february 22nd.we are already almost 2/12 of the way through 2013. i realize that line may sound uber cheesy, but seriously, time fucking flies.


2013 has definitely been a cool year. hard, confusing, sad and stressful, but certainly cool. parts of it have also been special, funny, amazing and sweet. all of that emotion in 2 months? hey man, im a girl. were dramtaic.



ive got high hopes for the rest of the year. there are a few running races in the books, with more to be added im sure. there will be some travel...im heading to see my besties in chicago and boston and bro in NC to name a few. im hoping there is a trip to somewhere warm in the near future...i have no interest in resembling a vampire...that shit has been overexposed already.

the moment hasnt happened to me yet where i go to my bank account and theres an accidental million dollars. regardless i take my dads advice to heart..."hil, never miss an opportunity you really want simply because of money". look, i…